New national research from Citizens Advice finds:
- 2 in 3 Citizens Advice clients feel stressed, depressed or anxious as a result of the problem they came to the charity for help about
- Almost three in four people (73 per cent) seeking debt help from Citizens Advice said their money worries were making them feel stressed, depressed or anxious
- After debt problems benefits are the issue second most likely to damage people’s mental health (67 per cent)
- Employment problems are third most likely to cause people distress (65 per cent).
- After getting advice, 4 in 5 people said they felt their mental wellbeing improved as a result of the help they received from Citizens Advice.
Andrew Gwynne MP said:
“It is fitting that I had a chance to speak to a meeting of Tameside Citizens Advice only last night.
“Citizens Advice does such incredible work in both Tameside and Stockport and I hope they will be able to continue providing their crucial services for decades to come.”