Denton and Reddish MP, Andrew Gwynne, is backing a British Gas campaign to help customers and constituents keep one step ahead of winter, and to stay warm.
One of the schemes offered by British Gas is the Warm Home Discount, which remains open. With those in need of assistance receiving a one-off payment of £140 towards their energy bills. The scheme is first come, first served, and applies even if you have received the discount previously, (you’ll need to apply again for future schemes).
British Gas have also issues their top 10 tips to stay warm at home this winter: https://www.britishgas.co.uk/the-source/weather-ready/preparing-you-for-cold-weather/the-best-time-to-winter-proof-your-home-is-now
- Invest in your insulation
- Declutter your gutters (good drainage prevents a multitude of water-related problems)
- Keep your boiler ticking over
- Keep your gas pressure in check
- Give your radiators some attention
- Service your boiler during the summer
- Lag your pipes
- Draught-proof doors and windows
- Service your roof
- Make a plan and stick to it.
Andrew Gwynne said:
“This winter could be a freezing one which is all the more reason for us all to be energy smart this winter.
“If we all follow some basic advice we could stay warm and save money this winter.”